Friday, March 9, 2007

Way Out West

So I quit Big Al's today. I know what you're thinking. No, I didn't get that job at the IHOP. Why didn't I get hired there? Well, it certainly couldn't have been my resume. That was impeccable. Someone must've tipped them off over at personnel about my smoking history and my lung problems. And I have a pretty good idea who it was, too.

But, no matter. I didn't want to have to commute all the way to Climbers' Corners everyday anyway.

Besides, I've decided to get the heck out of Podunk while I still can. For starters, there isn't a single guy in this town I'm interested in. And I am really tired of taking orders for, and from, Big Al.

Or "Tiny", as his friends call him.

And I have a pretty good idea where he got that nickname from, but I'm just too much of a lady to say.

So I'm hitting the road. Got my bus ticket already. I'm gonna stay with my sister Pickles for awhile. She's got a great job plucking eyebrows at a salon in Beverly Hills. You would not believe what some people are willing to pay for that sort of thing.

Heck, I've been plucking mine for years. Maybe I could make a million dollars.

I'd settle for working in a place where people aren't always so rude.

Beverly Hills here I come.

3 comments:

ericswan said...

I really have to share my apple streudel receipe with someone right?

4 piecs of filo pastry smothered in melted butter X 4 for a full pan

2 and half cups of bread crumbs preferably of the whole grain variety

1 cup of brown sugar spread right the way across the bread crumbs

2 cups of chopped medium apples spread across the row

roll it on up and pinch in the ends

bake for 20-22 minutes at 450 or when golden brown

top with whipping cream and charge a dollar and a half just to see'm.

I have been holding this back for a long time and it just seemed right to let it go.

waffle waitress said...

That sounds pretty tasty.

As soon as I get somewhere with an oven, I'll have to give 'em a try.

Till then, bon appetit!

ericswan said...

Speaking of sexist. I suppose you know that girls working at Hooter's have to qualify. You know, girls there have the big boobs. But what I'm hearing is the girls at IHOP












have one leg.